Introduction to RDG:
RDG is a multinational, for-profit company that designs, manufactures, distributes and finances Solar powered Home systems.
The Vision for RDG is to Empower people.
Empowerment begins by providing off-grid communities with access to clean, affordable and reliable energy. Key to our development as a society has been the ability to harness electricity, yet over 600 million people in the world today, still do not have access. With grid extension into rural areas remaining a costly investment for governments, RDG’s vision is to bring power to the people.
Founded in 2018, RDG launched its first product, the ‘SolarEnebox’ in Zambia, Southern Africa. The SolarEnebox is not just electricity, but a gateway to a better life for off-grid households.
In time, previously forgotten off-grid communities will not only have lights but electric fans, TVs, refrigerators, charging facilities, network connectivity and much more. The benefits of these are many.
How RDG Products Work:
RDG operates with a network of over 100 Sales agents located across Zambia. The Sales agents are tasked with visiting communities and households, demonstrating the benefits of RDGs range of Solar powered products. RDG also operates Service centers in provincial towns, helping to support Sales agents and offering customers an opportunity to visit RDG.
RDG offers products on both cash and credit basis. Customers can apply to receive a product loan and be approved within 5 minutes. Once approved, the customer makes a small initial deposit to receive the items. Thereafter, the customer makes weekly or monthly repayments to receive a ‘Power Keycode’ on a PAY-AS-YOU-GO (PAYG) basis. This keycode must be entered into the RDG battery system. Once entered, the battery will remain on until the keycode has expired. Customers make repayments until the pre-agreed loan total has been paid off. Once paid off the system becomes permanently unlocked, allowing the customer to enjoy unlimited usage of the product.
RDG currently offers a Solar Home system with lights, radio and optional 24”/32” Inch TV. RDG will soon be launching PAYG smartphones.
To see RDG in action, visit www.facebook.com/rdgzambia
The Role & Opportunity:
The Operations manager will have a leading role in managing the day to day operations of RDG Zambia.
They will join the management team with an ambitious agenda to deliver performance improvement across critical business functions like Sales, Operations, Training Depts, Call Centres, HR, etc. They will report directly to the RDG group CEO.
· Scope, manage, execute and report on companywide operations
· Manage the daily operations of RDG from the Lusaka HQ
· Process design, redesign and vetting: Work with regional sales team to design critical business processes that deliver increased revenue, reduce cost, or qualitative improvements like customer satisfaction. Design processes with strong controls and KPI measurement.
· Training: Conduct trainings with junior, and senior field and office-based staff members, transferring knowledge and excellent implementation of new processes
· Field Visits: Conduct field visits with Sales managers across Zambia
· Any other business: Any other business as assigned by the CEO
The ideal candidate has:
· Top marks at a highly regarded University with a degree in commerce, engineering, sciences, Law or other relevant discipline.
· Post graduate degree is welcome
· 7+ years’ experience in a Senior management role
· Highly analytical with high degree of competency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience using CRM software (this will be tested).
· Critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
· Entrepreneurial Spirit with qualities of being able to work independently and figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills and presence of mind.
· Track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role
· Ambitious, works hard and works smart (efficiently) wants to supercharge their professional development
· Excellent communication skills able to distill information and understand the way to communicate to different audiences to get results
· Demonstrates humility
· Passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues.
· Driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities. Should be a value driven individual.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa.
RDG offers competitive compensation, annual performance reviews, weekly professional development chats, a fun, supportive work environment, medical insurance, workplace accident scheme, and opportunities for continued professional career growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
RDG believes in equal opportunity for all people: We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter explaining why they would be a good fit for RDG.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1st, 2020.
Applications can also be submitted on Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1776589957?trk=cap_redirect
Incomplete applications will not be considered.